How Long Does HCG Stay in Your System After Injections Treatment?
HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone that is naturally produced in the body and is responsible for many essential functions.
It comes in injections and is often prescribed by doctors as a treatment for different diseases. It can be purchased online, making it a popular and easy choice for many.
Unfortunately, HCG is considered illegal in many countries because of the side effects of injectable hormones without a doctor’s supervision. Multiple other questions arise in everyone’s mind. The most important is how long does HCG stay in our body? This article will answer this question and more!
1. What is HCG, and what are its uses
Hormone HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a natural hormone that is produced mainly by the placenta during pregnancy. It can perform multiple functions. Progesterone is essential in maintaining a healthy pregnancy. It increases the progesterone levels in the body which eventually helps in maintaining the pregnancy by thickening the uterine walls and preventing menstruation. (1)
Other functions of HCG may include:
- Weight loss
- Infertility treatment
- Muscle building
- Hormonal Imbalance treatment, etc.
The HCG helps in weight loss. It causes the body to break down fat cells more quickly, resulting in weight loss. The actual benefit of using HCG for fat loss is that it prevents muscle loss resulting in lean body muscle mass. This function helps bodybuilders and other athletes in increasing muscle mass and bodybuilding. (2)
HCG can also be used as a treatment for infertility. When given as an injection, it can help to induce ovulation. Sometimes hormonal imbalance can be treated with exogenous HCG treatment. It can treat boys with delayed puberty or girls with Turner’s syndrome.
2. How long does HCG stay in your system after injections
HCG is a hormone when it is produced in the body, it is secreted in the urine and can be detected in the blood samples also. It is detected in UPT (Urine pregnancy test) for confirming the pregnancy. However, when people take HCG injections, they use them for different purposes as some are mentioned above. It may persist in the body (and urine) for up to two weeks. (3)
3. What are the side effects of HCG injections
First of all, one must understand that there are side effects for every medicine that you take. But while taking it you should consider the benefits of the medicine, if the benefits outweigh the untoward effects, you can use it. HCG injections are no different. They can also have side effects just like other medicines. So if you want to use the HCG injections you must evaluate the possible side effects you can suffer from. Most people do not experience any side effects after taking HCG injections. However, some people may suffer from some mild symptoms that may include:
- pain at the injection site
- flu-like symptoms
- mild headaches
- mood swings
All of these symptoms can be the side effects of any medicine you take, even for a simple headache. So, there is nothing to be panicked about. Just try to understand the common side effects of any medicine you use. These symptoms should go away in a few days or a week, depending on how long you stayed on hormone therapy.
A common possible side effect is headaches as mentioned above. Some people have reported that they experience this throughout their time using HCG injections, but mainly around the time when they’re about to administer their next dose. It may be good to take painkillers like aspirin or paracetamol if you feel headaches, after consulting the physician.
4. Who should not take HCG injections
HCG is a hormone and could cause unforeseen problems if combined with other medications such as antidepressants (e.g. SSRIs), androgenic steroids, and anticonvulsants (e.g. phenytoin). Apart from these, HCG injections are contraindicated in the following conditions (4) also, and you must speak to your doctor before taking the treatment if you are suffering from any of these conditions:
- cancer of the prostate gland
- cancer of the testis
- a tumor of the pituitary gland
- a tumor that is dependent on estrogen for growth
- puberty at an earlier age than would be expected
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, an abnormal enlargement of the ovaries
- visible water retention
5. Where can you find HCG injections for sale
To find HCG injections for sale, you can search online or visit a clinic. However, you must purchase them from a reputable source to ensure quality and efficacy.
HCG injections are an effective way to treat multiple diseases naturally, but following all instructions carefully is essential to achieve the best-desired results. You must consult your physician first to start the treatment.
6. How much do HCG injections cost
Typically, this type of treatment is $500-1500. Some clinics charge more, while others may even provide their services free or offer discounts to people who struggle with infertility problems and cannot afford the cost of these treatments.
In some cases, HCG injections are covered by insurance. Moreover, there are a few ways to reduce the cost of HCG injections. For example, you can purchase HCG online without a prescription or find a clinic that offers package deals that include other services such as monitoring, blood work, and follow-up care.
7. What are the risks and benefits of using HCG injections
While the use of HCG injections in weight loss is very charming, the results may differ from expectations.
One main problem that the users face is that they lose a significant amount of fat and inches during their first week by using HCG treatment, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re losing pounds in body weight. A lot of this initial weight loss can come from the loss of retained water loss than actual fat loss, so don’t get disappointed if you feel like you haven’t made much progress afterward the first week. It will need long-term treatment and discipline in the diet to have desired results of using this treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the recommended dosage for HCG injections?
The recommended dosage is different for different treatments and different age groups.
- For treating men with problems related to low levels of male hormones:
- Adults—1000 to 4000 Units injected into the muscle two to three times a week.
- To help pregnancy occur in women:
- Adults—5000 to 10,000 Units injected into the muscle on a day chosen by your doctor.
- For the treatment of cryptorchidism (a condition where testes do not descend properly):
- Children—1000 to 5000 Units injected into the muscle two to three times, a week for up to ten doses. (5)
Q. How do HCG injections work?
The key ingredient of HCG injection treatment is human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), which is a natural hormone. It stimulates the body’s production of testosterone in males and progesterone in females while positively impacting fertility by increasing sperm count and motility among males and inducing ovulation among females.
Q. Is there a difference between liquid and powder HCG?
There is no difference between the two types of HCG. They are both equally effective in weight loss and other treatments. Many people are concerned about the powder form because they think it is more diluted. This does not mean that it is ineffective. However, If you decide to use the powdered form, simply follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and you will receive the same benefits as those who take liquid HCG.
Many people want to know how long HCG injections take to leave the system after stopping taking them. There are a few things that control how long HCG will stay in your system after the treatment.
The main one is how often you inject and how much of the hormone you take each time. Other factors such as age, weight, and overall health also influence how quickly HCG leaves the body.
Talk to your doctor if you’re concerned about how long it will take for HCG to go through your system. They can give you more specific information based on your situation.
Normally, HCG will take almost 2 weeks to clear your body. So, if you are going to take a Urine Pregnancy Test for the confirmation of pregnancy after treatment with HCG injections, you must wait for two weeks, so that the exogenous HCG has been cleared by the body, and now the results being shown are because of the HCG being produced by the placenta as a result of pregnancy and not the exogenous HCG.
- “Human Chorionic Gonadotropin” – StatPearls NCBI, August 8, 2022 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532950/ Accessed: November 17, 2022
- Gardner, Amanda. “hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) for Weight Loss: Injections and Drops.” WebMD, 19 August 2022, https://www.webmd.com/diet/hcg-and-weight-loss
Accessed 17 November 2022.
- Galan, Nicole. “HCG Injections During Fertility Treatments.” Verywell Health, https://www.verywellhealth.com/taking-hcg-during-fertility-treatment-2616358#toc-frequently-asked-questions-841c5f1a-acb9-4595-9bac-773407588d3e
Accessed 17 November 2022.
- “Contraindications for HCG intramuscular.” WebMD, 2022, https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11192/hcg-intramuscular/details/list-contraindications
Accessed 17 November 2022.
- “Chorionic Gonadotropin (Subcutaneous Route, Intramuscular Route, Injection Route) Proper Use.” Mayo Clinic, 2021, https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/chorionic-gonadotropin-subcutaneous-ro ute-intramuscular-route-injection-route/proper-use/drg-20062846 Accessed 17 November 2022.